Isaac doing a little OB
Though Isaac hasn’t been doing any phase 3 stuff (no bark, bark, chomp) I have been working on his OB (almost daily) and I’m hoping that I can get a BH on him. Took a little video today to see how it’s looking -
- Have gotten to this point with just PP no pressure or correction yet
- Finally seem to be able to hold his attention (National level nope, but BH probably)
- Probably ready to start with some corrections – e-collar or pinch (will be thinking about this) Seems to respond to vibration on Dogtra better than a pinch or electrical stim (as long as distractions are minimal). In drive a little electrical stim is better that the pinch for him. Unless he’s way way in drive the pinch tends to shut him down (OK that’s an over statement, but he’s pretty soft).
- Long down is looking good
- Need to start working on Sit in motion
There is stuff that needs work (which I’m not going to list), but I’m actually quite happy with the progress I’ve made with Marmaduke. The excitement/ball drive in this example are lower than normal, not that he’s ever 110% over the top driven, but this was flat for even him. (I was tired too)
Have been doing figure 8’s with him for past couple days and am going to continue with them. Get him fast and slow for a little better balance.
I’m aware the his little flip finish is pathetic and I made the mistake of letting him fall into it. Wasn’t intentional, and wish I would have stopped it sooner, live and learn.